End-to-end Trade Digitisation, Automation & Compliance
Securing your trade business
Trade finance departments need to achieve the highest level of compliance whilst maintaining the appropriate degree of operational efficiency. There is increasing pressure on banks and financial institutions to effectively and efficiently manage their trade activity. Procedures to screen trade documentation against sanctions lists and other watchlists such as dual-use goods have relied on manual processes. Monitoring and identifying suspicious activities for trade-based money laundering (TBML) is also manual. This manual activity is limited in terms of accuracy, labor-intensive, time-consuming and error-prone.
Pelican provides an AI-powered complete end-to-end trade transaction cycle monitoring solution, leveraging the AI disciplines of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML) on top of Optical Character Recognition (OCR), to derive meaning and understanding across all trade instruments and messages. Pelican Secure Trade removes the pain from the process and provides a solution that resolves the current limitations available in many of today’s trade compliance applications and addresses the growing challenge of Trade Based Money Laundering - securing global trade, managing risks, and protecting your reputation.
Highest Levels of AI Protection
For over twenty years, Pelican have pioneered the practical application of AI in payments and financial crime compliance. These unique capabilities are leveraged to extract and contextualize relevant free format data in multiple trade finance documents and instruments.
The comprehensive Pelican Secure Trade solution delivers the highest possible level of security and protection, with a multi-layered approach to address all compliance challenges for trade finance activity. By harnessing our unique AI heritage, Pelican digitizes and automates your trade finance operations, enhances your TBML red-flag detection levels, providing end-to-end trade transaction compliance, increasing efficiencies and lowering your operating costs.
Pelican Secure Trade Features
- Digitisation of Trade documentation – a highly accurate digitisation via OCR enabling consequent trade automation and compliance
- Documentary Information Consistency Checks - understanding multiple documents in a single trade cycle to identify incomplete, missing, inconsistent or ambiguous information
- Enhanced Sanctions Screening of Trade Documents - Utilising NLP to identify trade-based information that is potentially subject to sanctions embargoes such as Dual-Use Goods, matching this against any required watchlist
- Trade Based Red Flag Indicator Checks - Red flag indicator checks as defined by MAS, HKMA, Wolfsberg Group etc. High-risk jurisdictions and products, vessels, over/under invoicing
Pelican Secure Trade Benefits
- Effective Risk Management & Regulatory Compliance - with existing and future regulations to avoid reputational and financial risk, including checks for shipment to high-risk countries, dual-use goods, over/under-invoicing, high-risk items, commodity pricing anomalies, document comparisons
- Consistency checks on key information across multiple trade documents such as Bills of Lading, Airway Bills, Invoices in different formats
- Dramatic Cost Reductions - compared to traditional Trade screening and TBML detection processes
- Minimize false positives - industry leading
- Fast deployment of Trade Compliance solution - works with your existing systems for speedy implementation
- Reduce operating costs and enterprise risk by using a single AI based platform for TBML, Screening, AML transaction monitoring, and Payments Fraud
- Engage in new business sectors and geographies with the confidence of being compliant
Find Out More
PelicanSecure Brochures & Datasheets
Please use the Download button below to access the full library of PelicanSecure information resources, including datasheets covering Trade Compliance, Real-Time AML and Sanctions Screening detection.
Related Resources & Information
Webinar: The dark world of U.S. payments fraud.Learn More
Article: How to outpace criminals in the cyber arms race.Learn More
Article: Effective strategies to combat payments fraud.Learn More
Webinar: Payment fraud—innovation in the banking ecosystem.Learn More
Solutions: Compliance integration. Comprehensive corporate financial crime compliance.Learn More
Solutions: Transactional anti-money laundering across the payments lifecycle.Learn More