Trainee - Software Engineer - DB
Pelican is a leading provider of payment & compliance solutions to corporates and financial institutions of all types and sizes in the Americas, Europe & Middle East, and Asia-Pacific. Pelican puts intelligent automation, compliance and control firmly at the heart of payments & other transactions processing. Financial institutions and corporate’s worldwide rely on Pelican to manage & control their payments securely, improve operational efficiencies and lower risk & IT costs.
Aims & Goals
The primary aim of Trainee – Software Engineer (DB) is to be able to address issues of Data Migration (Validation, Clean-up and Mapping), and will need to understand the importance of Data Dictionaries.
a. Activities :
• Multi-platform Product packaging and package testing
• Multi-platform Product Implementation, configuration and Integration
• Batch and shell scripting
• Perl scripting
• Development in Python
• PL/SQL development
• Database and SQL query Tuning
b. Streamlining Documentation & Processes :
• Packaging approach documentation
• Packaging process Automation
c. Admin :
• Good English Communication
• Positive Attitude, Sincere and Hardworking
• B.Com, B.E/B.Tech
• Basic Knowledge of batch and shell development
• Basic Knowledge of Windows and preferably UNIX operating system
• Basic Knowledge of Oracle Database
• Sound Basic Database Concepts
• Oracle Certified Professionals would be a preference.