Presales Manager - Payments
Pelican is a leading provider of payment solutions to corporations and financial institutions of all types and sizes in EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pacific. Pelican puts intelligent automation, compliance and control firmly at the heart of your payments business. Financial institutions and corporates worldwide rely on ACE to manage & control their payments securely, improve operational efficiencies and lower risk & IT costs
Aims & Goals
The primary aim of the Manager - Presales is to be involved in developing a Pre-Sales function with opportunity to input for the devising and delivery of Pre-Sales strategy in conjunction with Sales and Marketing management objectives.
- To provide techno functional product consultancy in support of sales at client meetings and on conference calls. To discuss, capture and define customer requirements.
- To work with the Sales team to exploit the commercial opportunities for the ACE range of products.
- Responsible for Pre-sales project management from requirement capture, design to implementation handover. Working closely with members of the Sales, Delivery, product & Support team to ensure product solutions be delivered on time, to specification and within budget.
- Specific Role & Responsibilities:
- Through Interface and discussion to capture customer requirements and present the relevant Product solution via customer visits, presentations and other follow up meetings.
- Where relevant to identify key revenue generating opportunities for products and services to customer through the Sales or Support teams for the financial benefit of the company.
- To write requirement Specifications which meet customer requirements and translate these accurately to the delivery team / Product team for quotation, component ordering and successful delivery mechanism.
- To act as the project manager for all presales projects ensuring projects are delivered on time, to the agreed specification and within budget.
- Develop and maintain a product proficiency and competency level by attending mandatory training classes and successfully completing required levels of competency.
- Ensure clear adherence to a technical pre sales qualification process to ensure correct leveling and placement of opportunity leading to accurate quotation and excellent customer experience.
- Assisting sales team in the qualification of customer needs and performing pre demo needs analysis.
- Generation of product demo scripts & scenarios and providing demonstrations of the product, both standard and tailored to suspects and prospects.
- Managing pilots and prototypes.
- Manage, coordinate and execute complete bidding process of RFI and RFPs.
- Be able to position our products against the competition.
- Reports progress and issues to the Manager in a timely manner. In particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to deliver to timescales or estimates.
- Report bi-weekly to the Business Development Director on Pre sales progress and development including progress and management against targets.
- Handle straightforward problems that occur in every day work. Refer more complex problems or decisions to others where necessary makes routine decisions within established guidelines.
- Complete any other tasks that may reasonably be required from time to time.
Experience level & Qualification:
- Experience level
- 7-10 years primarily in Payments Domain.
- 7-10 years primarily in Payments Domain.
- Educational Background
- Master’s in finance, Business administration, systems with relevant experience of 7-10 years.
- Good understanding of Transaction Banking Payments, PSD2, Open Banking, Real-time Payments, Corporate Banking, Corporate Payments.
- Good understanding of various payment formats like SWIFT, SEPA, FED, CHIPS, RTGS, NEFT, IMPS, CHAPS, BACS.
- Demonstrable familiarity with Microsoft suite and related IT skills for internal/external communication.
- Strong experience in Payments solutions like Real-time Payments, PSD2, Open Banking, Payment Hub, SWIFT, SEPA correspondent banking, Corporate banking, and Cash Management solutions.
- Essential Demonstrably successful experience in Business to Business Presales support.
- Successful experience of B2B customer interface environment.
- Experience of business-to-business sales and business development process.
- Experience in training of new team members in line with role and company strategy and relating to technical solution construction and presentation.
- Demonstrable experience of basic Project management experience.
- Experience in construction of technical solutions for, RFI, RFP, tenders and quotation documents.
- Excellent People management skills and Sound inter-personal skills.
- Driven to succeed, organized and team player.
- Self-motivated, conscientious and be able to make a business sales case.
- Strong Communication skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Displays a positive attitude and demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself.