Product Owner – Financial Crime Compliance
Pelican has pioneered the practical application of Artificial Intelligence technology for over twenty years. Pelican provides banks and corporates with solutions that enhance, streamline and secure the payments life-cycle, partnering with customers to deliver innovative and agile solutions and drive growth. Pelican is a leading provider of payment & financial crime compliance solutions and puts intelligent automation, compliance and control firmly at the heart of payments & other transactional processing.
Aims & Goals
We are seeking an experienced and professional individual to join our Product Team as a Product Owner. The Product Owner is a key member of the team, working primarily with other Product Owners, Software Developers and QA Analysts to develop and deliver new features and functionality, as defined in the Product Roadmap.
The primary aims of the Product Owner (PO) are to ensure that he/she works, in consultation with the Product Manager, to ensure the assigned product is complete in terms of functionalities and features, based on state of art technology which meets industry requirements and standards, along with being competitive in the market.
This role is ideal for an individual who has a strong level of understanding of the domain and technology, with a passion for delivering quality software in a highly competitive industry. The successful candidate will be a strong team player who enjoys challenges within a fast-paced environment, applies sound judgment and enjoys working both individually and as part of a team.
- Create, maintain, and monitor product roadmap, product backlog, and delivery timeline.
- Define product backlog items, ensure visibility and transparency.
- Scope management, prioritization of product backlog and release management.
- Create product define documents and review design documents.
- Oversee development stages and evaluate product progress at each iteration.
- Review QA test scenarios.
- User acceptance: review end-product and ensure the solution is aligned with the define and design documents.
- Participate in study and research of the market requirements, industry standards and competitor products.
- Review product documentation.
- Assist in responding to business part of RFI/RFP when required.
- Review business part within RFP when necessary.
- Interact with sales team and customers whenever necessary.
- Act as an internal product evangelist providing functional training.
- Liaise with the customer delivery team to ensure correct implementation.
- Product Team
- Delivery Team
- Development Team.
- QA Team.
- Presales Team.
- Project Manager.
Experience Level & Qualification:
- Experience Level
- 5 year's work experience in product ownership or similar role.
- Work experience in financial services industry and/or in regulatory compliance functions/ bodies.
- Educational Background
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in any of the computer science fields, in business administration, law or in finance and banking.
- Domain certification is a plus : CAMS, Cert(FinCrime), CFE, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of financial crime compliance (AML/CTF, KYC, and/or Payments Fraud).
- Experience of technical environments and ideally some understanding of delivery methods.
- Ownership and proactivity in driving improvements and fixes.
- Decision making with respect to the operation of the software.
- Customer focus and business driven mentality.
- Big data, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence is a strong advantage.
- Analytical, communication (Oral and written) and presentation skills.