Product Manager - North America
Pelican is a leading provider of payment and compliance solutions to corporates and financial institutions of all types and sizes in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Pelican puts intelligent automation, compliance and control firmly at the heart of payments and other transactions processing. Financial institutions and corporates worldwide rely on Pelican to manage and control their payments securely, improve operational efficiencies and lower risk and IT costs.
Aims & Goals
The Product Manager ensures that the product is complete in terms of functionalities and features, based on state of art technology and meets industry requirements and standards along with being competitive in the market.
• Define, design and bring to market payments and compliance technology products and solutions covering the North American market and globally
• Act as the company’s product expert and go to person for information on the North American payments and transaction banking market
• Be product lead for Pelican’s initiatives in US immediate payments and open banking strategy
• Work with delivery and DEV teams on design, build and implementation of new initiatives and solutions
• Undertake periodic meetings (e.g. once per year) with key clients across North America to share product roadmap, strategy and initiatives with them
• Lead and own the relationship with industry bodies relevant to the role, such as The Clearing House (TCH), NACHA and BAFT
• Create North American product roadmap based on industry experience, and regularly present recommendations to the management team
• Undertake speaking opportunities and presentations on panels at conferences and industry events, promoting Pelican’s solutions where required
• Assist with pre-sales tasks, giving support to the Sales team on customer pitches and presentations
• 4 + years of experience in product role in bank or relevant technology vendor
• Strong knowledge of Transaction Banking and Corporate Banking markets both in North America and globally
• Comfortable participating in panels at conferences, presenting, completing webinars etc.
• Experience and knowledge of SWIFT and other networks
• Previous exposure to compliance teams in banks or at vendors and / or trade finance would be an advantage