Business Development Director
Pelican AI (ACE Software Solution Ltd.) is an Industry - Leading global innovator in Payments, Financial Crime Compliance and Open Banking technology and the deployment of Artificial Intelligence (AI) based products, solutions (platform based) for banks, financial institutions and corporates. Pelican AI has been highly recognized as one of the market leaders by key industry analysts (Gartner, Celent and Forrester).
With offices in New York (New Jersey Iselin), London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Mumbai, Pune and Hong Kong, our global team of financial services and technology experts supports large global banks, financial institutions (e.g. investment / fund management) and corporates in over 55 countries around the world,
Every staff member at Pelican AI is focused on providing Payments and Financial Crime Compliance products, solutions and services, driving efficiency and profitability of existing and new customers. Pelican AI is proud of the leadership position we have achieved in the advancement of new technology since our inception, bringing our users to the forefront of their strategy.
With an average customer life cycle of 10+ years, our strong customer base is one of the key fundaments fuelling our products and solutions enhancements and roadmap. Since our inception 25 years ago, Pelican AI has pioneered the practical application of Artificial Intelligence technology.
Pelican AI is utilizing Natural Language Processing (NLP), to deal with the interactions between computers and human (natural) languages, industry and domain specific characteristics, providing advanced domain specific evolutionary libraries and (machine learning) models. Our next generation platforms process and analyze large amounts of natural language data with the ultimate objective to read, decipher, understand, and make sense of the human languages in a manner that is Auditable and Explainable!
Close client relationships combined with our distinctive internal culture of nurturing expertise and knowledge sharing, has enabled us to deliver what we believe are the most powerful end-to-end payments and compliance solutions in the world.
Aims & Goals
TA successful Business Development Director at Pelican AI will be accountable for overall regional sales performance, the achievement of revenue goals, alignment with the annual sales objectives in close harmony with the company’s global vision, mission and strategy.
The role will be based in Mumbai, Seepz, our India operational office. We facilitate a sales and presales office in Mumbai. The Business Development Director – India / SAARC Region, reports to the global COO / CR(Revenue)O.
The primary aim of the Business Development Director – India / SAARC Region is to ensure :-
• Achieve the GTM (Product and Solution) Team Quota.
• Co-Design, align and execute the India / SAARC Go-to-Market strategy, including Domain specific characteristics and GTM Products / Solutions correlation in between the Domains.
• Optimize the organization structure, effectively scalable and expand in line with the revenue growth.
• Constantly improve the sales process and optimize and align with pre-sales and product management.
• Manage multi-level selling and key sales conversions.
• Accurately maintain sales forecast in HubSpot CRM + HubSpot Sales Pro.
• Develop in-direct sales (vertical) channels through various type channel partners and OEM’s.
• Manage multi-level selling and key sales conversions.
• Built a fair and well-balanced direct and in-direct sales organization, avoiding channel conflict.
• Understanding customer specific business needs and applying domain, product and solutions knowledge to meet those needs as and when required.
• Generate a targeted number of qualified leads in the territory.
• Preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and create a wide confidence within prospects and customers.
• Marketing and promoting the portfolio of products and solutions by co-organize and attend industry events and conferences.
• Ability to present as industry specialist as speaker or panel member at events and conferences
• Work closely with Marketing to create campaigns and generate revenue• Experience managing and planning of external company events beneficial
• Lead and respond to RFI/RFP’s, proposals and questionnaires.
• Networking with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional crosssell and up-sell products, solutions and services.
• To carry out regular reviews of all client facing documents including proposal templates, sales contracts and service level agreements in order to ensure that the Company’s interests remain legally protected as far as practicable and commercially viable
• 10 to 15 years of experience within Financial Sector (b2b) Software Sales Functions in Payments/ Financial Crime Compliance Domain
• University, Master
• Networker with solid Business Development & Lead Generation skills
• Excellent People management skills and Sound inter-personal skills
• Persuasive and influential verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal contacts within the financial services sector within India and the SAARC region.
• Displays a positive and trustworthy attitude and demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
• Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
• Business awareness on financial crime compliance, payments and financial transaction banking processing awareness at banks, financial institutions and where applicable at corporates