Associate Product Owner - Payments
Pelican has pioneered the practical application of Artificial Intelligence technology for financial services industry over twenty five years. Pelican provides banks and corporates with solutions that enhance, streamline and secure the payments life-cycle, partnering with customers to deliver innovative and agile solutions and drive growth. Pelican is a leading provider of payment & financial crime compliance solutions and puts intelligent automation, compliance and control firmly at the heart of payments & other transactional processing. Some of the Pelican customers are global financial institutions such as Wells Fargo Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI, TD Bank, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank Of Canada, Commerzbank, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and many other banks and corporate.
Aims & Goals
We are seeking an experienced and professional individual to join our Product Management team as a Associate Product Owner in the payments area. The Associate Product Owner is key a member of the team, working primarily with Chief Product Officer, Product Managers, Software Developers, QA Analysts along with delivery manager to develop and deliver new features and functionalities, as defined in the Product Roadmap.
The primary aims of the Associate Product Owner are to ensure that he/she works in consultation with the Project Manager, & Sr. Product Owner and that the product is complete in terms of functionalities and features, based on state of art technology which meets industry requirements and standards, along with being competitive in the market.
This role is ideal for an individual who has a strong level of understanding of the payments domain and technology with a passion for delivering quality software in a highly competitive industry. The successful candidate will be a strong team player who enjoys challenges within a fast-paced environment, applies sound judgment and enjoys working both individually and as part of a team. Ability to work in fast paced environment with tremendous learning and growth exposure.
- Define, design and bring to market payments products and solutions globally.
- Prepare or update product definition and other product related documents.
- Assist in product marketing activities including blog, white paper and e-book.
- Participate on training on new product or add-on product functionalities to sales and pre-sales colleagues.
- Participate with product manager on analyst review and providing product vision and presentation.
- Be product lead for Pelican’s initiatives in payments and open banking strategy.
- Work with delivery and development teams on design, build and implementation of new initiatives and solutions.
- Undertake periodic meetings with key clients along with product manager, to share product roadmap, strategy, and initiatives.
- Lead and own the relationship with industry bodies relevant to the role, such as The Clearing House (TCH), NACHA and BAFT
- Create product roadmap based on industry experience, and regularly present recommendations to the management team.
- Undertake speaking opportunities and presentations on panels at conferences and industry events, promoting Pelican’s solutions where required.
- Assist with pre-sales tasks, giving support to the sales team on customer pitches and presentations.
Experience Level & Qualification:
- Experience Level
- 4-5 years’ work experience in product ownership or similar role.
- Work experience in financial services related projects/products especially banks or software company.
- Educational Background
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in any of the computer science fields.
- Domain certifications is an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge in payments area such as Transaction Banking and Corporate Banking markets.
- Comfortable participating in panels at conferences, presenting, completing webinars, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of cross border and real time payments including SWIFT.
- Previous exposure to Payments teams in banks or at vendors and would be an advantage.